Newbie number 1

Discuss anything you wish here

Newbie number 1

Postby tinman » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:15 pm

Hi, my name is Nick and I have lived in London for almost 8 years now. I am a single father of an 8 year old son and have a boston terrier/bulldog pup. My favorite band is Iron Maiden, whom I just saw in concert, and my listening preference when it comes to music is heavy metal. I am so hot right now as I write this that my sweat is even sweating. I need central air in my house. I saw this website on Kijiji, my favorite website to be on when I am feeling cheap, and I thought I'd give it a try. As it stands, I am the 4th member, so I baseball terms, I'm the clean-up hitter. I love hockey, I am insane for it. I am a leaf and a Knight fan and can't wait for October. Used to play softball at Dreamers, took a year off, and am now missing it.
I'd like to chat with other parents or non parents my age and get to know a few people as my schedule does not allow me to get out as much as I would like to.

I will end this with a lame question...

If London was not named the Forest City, what would be a good name for it, and why?

Cheers
Random avatar
tinman

Online: 0s

Re: Newbie number 1

Postby issalovesbri » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:47 pm

Hi Nick,

you say that you want to talk to others your age but don't mention how old you are. Is it safe to assume that seeing that you are an Iron Maiden fan that you are in your 30s? I also listen to metal (I happen to be a big TML well) although I'm not sure if there is going to be any hockey this year : :(
that makes me sad. I hear you about the A/C situation, I don't have central air in my house either and it has been a brutal summer. And I see that you wrote this post 1 day after my birthday! Ahhh July is a wonderful month. Lol
Did you move to London from Toronto? I moved here from the T-dot in 2001.
How are you liking London so far?
Before I bore you to death I will take off for now.
Chat at ya later!
Missi

P.S.
As for another name for London. Honestly I think they named it well with "the forest city"
I love the fact that there is a bit if country everywhere you go here. If I had my wish, I would live up north on a piece of land in the middle of nowhere.
Random avatar
issalovesbri

Online: 0s

Return to London Talk