police scanner?

Discuss anything you wish here

police scanner?

Postby london mom » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:41 pm

Hello everyone, found this link and I love it, planned on being in bed by now however here I am ha ha, just wondering if there is also a police scanner link we are able to listen to as well?
Random avatar
london mom

Online: 0s

Re: police scanner?

Postby London-Dad » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:55 pm

Unfortunately we can't listen to the London police :(
Owner of London Scanner
London-Dad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Online: 396d 14h 2m 59s

Postby aholles » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:10 pm

Curious-why can't we listen to London police?

Also...I was looking for a hand-held scanner and was told they are illegal here in Ontario (I'm from the states) Is this true? If not, any idea where to get one as Future Shop looked at me like I had two heads.
Random avatar
aholles

Online: 2m 55s

Postby London-Dad » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:46 pm

aholles wrote:Curious-why can't we listen to London police?

Also...I was looking for a hand-held scanner and was told they are illegal here in Ontario (I'm from the states) Is this true? If not, any idea where to get one as Future Shop looked at me like I had two heads.

London police are encrypted so no scanner can pick them up. It is not illegal to have a scanner. The Source is the only one I know who sells scanners (don't think they have hand helds). Try radioreference.com to get a hand held. Thats where I bought mine from.
Owner of London Scanner
London-Dad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Online: 396d 14h 2m 59s

Postby aholles » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:14 pm

awesome....thanks for getting back to me so quick! I'll be checking out radioreference.
Random avatar
aholles

Postby Marc28 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:10 pm

Hi,

You can also pick up scanners from Radioworld in Toronto Login or Register for the link or Durham Radio also sells scanners and has PC soundcard scanners available but they are about 2000 plus if you really serious about it.

A decent all round scanner will be around $700.00. Also Uniden now ships to Canada and you can purchase a scanner online from them directly but just watch the taxes & duty/broker fees. :x

Scanner by Uniden, the HomePatrol, is a plug and play scanner, very easy to work, no need to program unless you get the add on software data manager like ARC patrol - popular but expensive.
Random avatar
Marc28

Online: 0s

Postby aholles » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:26 pm

thanks for the info Marc. I'll be looking into that when I get some extra cash. Had no idea they were so pricey. Worth every penny, yes.
Random avatar
aholles

Return to London Talk