scanner not playing

Discuss anything you wish here

scanner not playing

Postby london mom » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:43 am

Hi London-Dad, I have been trying to listen in today but it doesn't seem to be working for me today? the little scroll bar keeps going as though it is going to start but it does not I had no trouble yesterday however today it doesn't work, any idea why?.....Thank you!
Random avatar
london mom

Online: 0s

Re: scanner not playing

Postby London-Dad » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:59 am

Seems to be working now.
Owner of London Scanner
London-Dad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Online: 396d 14h 2m 59s

Postby kathy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:08 pm

We have no live scanner! :(
Random avatar
kathy

Postby London-Dad » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:14 pm

kathy wrote:We have no live scanner! :(

Is the web player box not popping up?
Owner of London Scanner
London-Dad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kathy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:27 pm

no not at all
Random avatar
kathy

Postby London-Dad » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:39 pm

Try it now.
Owner of London Scanner
London-Dad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby spider » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:33 pm

still not working y.
Random avatar
spider

Online: 447d 23h 25m 51s

Postby London-Dad » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:07 pm

spider wrote:still not working y.

Working now. Got a new modem and had to set it up.
Owner of London Scanner
London-Dad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby londonbilly » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:54 am

it's playing on this site but not on radio reference though... great feed btw, i've been listening to this for a while now. Thanks a lot for providing this!
Random avatar
londonbilly

Online: 11d 14h 7m 9s

Postby MELANIE » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:14 pm

Curious when radio reference will be back online? I don't seem to get a proper feed on the london forums site it most times does not play, when it does it seems to stall however I can not tell because it does not have the timer/counter keeping track of the time that I am on..... if radio reference happens to stall the counter stops and I can reset for it to play again, does anyone else seem to have an issue with the scanner playing then stalling out and needing to reset? I have tried to listen in off of london forums for 2 days but with no luck being able to listen, I am now having to listen to Toronto's feed because london's wont work for me. :(

Thanks!
Random avatar
MELANIE

Postby London-Dad » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:13 pm

MELANIE wrote:Curious when radio reference will be back online? I don't seem to get a proper feed on the london forums site it most times does not play, when it does it seems to stall however I can not tell because it does not have the timer/counter keeping track of the time that I am on..... if radio reference happens to stall the counter stops and I can reset for it to play again, does anyone else seem to have an issue with the scanner playing then stalling out and needing to reset? I have tried to listen in off of london forums for 2 days but with no luck being able to listen, I am now having to listen to Toronto's feed because london's wont work for me. :(

Thanks!

I just reset the server so see if it makes a difference. I don't have a problem.
Owner of London Scanner
London-Dad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MELANIE » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:44 am

Thanks, working for me now!
Random avatar
MELANIE

Postby londonbilly » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:59 am

It's working for me, not thru radio reference though.

I am using an iphone app called 5-0 radio to listen. I copied the ip from this site where he mentions the mobile phone listeners & modified a new link to access that instead of the radio reference link. It has been working perfect for me since.

MELANIE wrote:Curious when radio reference will be back online? I don't seem to get a proper feed on the london forums site it most times does not play, when it does it seems to stall however I can not tell because it does not have the timer/counter keeping track of the time that I am on..... if radio reference happens to stall the counter stops and I can reset for it to play again, does anyone else seem to have an issue with the scanner playing then stalling out and needing to reset? I have tried to listen in off of london forums for 2 days but with no luck being able to listen, I am now having to listen to Toronto's feed because london's wont work for me. :(

Thanks!
Random avatar
londonbilly

Postby MELANIE » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:28 pm

Londonbilly, Thanks! the forum on here was working for me earlier but not now, I am heading to work soon but I will give it a try tomorrow morning and I will let you know how it works out

Thanks again
Random avatar
MELANIE

Postby London-Dad » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:52 pm

MELANIE wrote:Londonbilly, Thanks! the forum on here was working for me earlier but not now, I am heading to work soon but I will give it a try tomorrow morning and I will let you know how it works out

Thanks again

Just curious what makes you think its not working?
Owner of London Scanner
London-Dad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MELANIE » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:57 am

I can only listen in sometimes, I am guessing perhaps it is my connection however my internet works perfectly fine, When I can listen there are times it seems to stall so I reconnect and it works again but there are other times when I reconnect and it won't work at all, that is why I liked using the radio reference when I could no longer hear anything for a while I would check the timer/counter if it stopped I knew it had stalled and would reconnect but on london forums there is not a counter to see if it stopped or if things were just quiet at the moment I usually give it 15-20 min of silence then reconnect, I am thinking it's something on my end but I don't know how to fix it any advise?

Thanks
Random avatar
MELANIE

Postby London-Dad » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:57 am

I will play around with different players until we get the best one. See what you think of this new one.
Owner of London Scanner
London-Dad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MELANIE » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:16 am

I just connected and the counter is working, thanks for trying to help me out by putting one on most helpful!
Random avatar
MELANIE

Postby londonbilly » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:17 am

Just curious, what are you using to listen to radio reference? mobile device, pc?

MELANIE wrote:I can only listen in sometimes, I am guessing perhaps it is my connection however my internet works perfectly fine, When I can listen there are times it seems to stall so I reconnect and it works again but there are other times when I reconnect and it won't work at all, that is why I liked using the radio reference when I could no longer hear anything for a while I would check the timer/counter if it stopped I knew it had stalled and would reconnect but on london forums there is not a counter to see if it stopped or if things were just quiet at the moment I usually give it 15-20 min of silence then reconnect, I am thinking it's something on my end but I don't know how to fix it any advise?

Thanks
Random avatar
londonbilly

Postby MELANIE » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:42 am

On my lap top pc, I also have an IPad but I am not able to listen to your forum because IPad does not allow the player(unless I jailbreak it) but I can listen to radio reference through the I Tunes player, for the most part I listen on my lap top, I am wondering if it has something to do with my house ha ha, we live in a brand new subdivision and getting a proper cell phone connection inside my house is hit and miss, in order to get a proper cell connection we pretty much need to go outside, could that have something to do with the issue of it stalling on me?
Random avatar
MELANIE

Next

Return to London Talk