scanner not playing

Discuss anything you wish here

Re: scanner not playing

Postby londonbilly » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:47 am

only if you're using a cellular connection for internet. One thing is with the iphone & ipad I notice that if you are listening to radio ref. & you activate an application that uses audio it will automatically stop your radio ref. session & will have to press the play icon to get it going. Another thing is if you're using WI-FI & go onto 3G or vice-versa the connection drops every now & then because it cannot handle transferring the session state for some reason.

MELANIE wrote:On my lap top pc, I also have an IPad but I am not able to listen to your forum because IPad does not allow the player(unless I jailbreak it) but I can listen to radio reference through the I Tunes player, for the most part I listen on my lap top, I am wondering if it has something to do with my house ha ha, we live in a brand new subdivision and getting a proper cell phone connection inside my house is hit and miss, in order to get a proper cell connection we pretty much need to go outside, could that have something to do with the issue of it stalling on me?
Random avatar
londonbilly

Online: 11d 14h 7m 9s

Postby MELANIE » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:47 am

I do use WI-FI perhaps thats the issue I am having, the counting feature helps now on your site thanks again for installing it.
Random avatar
MELANIE

Online: 0s

Postby newertimes » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:09 pm

will the london fire dept feed be up on the Radio Reference site soon?
also why not try getting a london police feed up as well?
Random avatar
newertimes

Postby London-Dad » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:23 pm

newertimes wrote:will the London fire dept feed be up on the Radio Reference site soon?
also why not try getting a London police feed up as well?

Both feeds on RR won't be up until at least the end of this month. You can hear the feeds on here.

London police are encrypted and no one can listen to them.
Owner of London Scanner
London-Dad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Online: 396d 14h 2m 59s

Postby newertimes » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:29 am

allright thanks London -Dad.
Random avatar
newertimes

Postby CanuckRef » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:27 pm

Is there a reason why the London Fire feed does not appear to be working? You can hear bits and pieces of LFD on the OPP, EMS & Fire feed, depending on who is talking, so once I hear the tones I usually turn that feed off and listen the LFD call on its own feed so you get the complete radio talk for that call.
Random avatar
CanuckRef
Donations
Donations

Online: 76d 11h 45m 42s

Postby Sandalls » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:09 am

I'm having the same issue. The LFD feed isn't working properly.
"Remember to keep a safe distance from all emergency activity. Keep yourself safe, and give the professionals the space they need to do their job well." :auto-ambulance:
Sandalls
Donations
Donations

Online: 545d 4h 48m 58s

Postby London-Dad » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:30 am

Will have the LFD back up within 2 hours.
Owner of London Scanner
London-Dad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby booboo4u » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:59 am

londonbilly wrote:It's working for me, not thru radio reference though.

I am using an iphone app called 5-0 radio to listen. I copied the ip from this site where he mentions the mobile phone listeners & modified a new link to access that instead of the radio reference link. It has been working perfect

MELANIE wrote:Curious when radio reference will be back online? I don't seem to get a proper feed on the london forums site it most times does not play, when it does it seems to stall however I can not tell because it does not have the timer/counter keeping track of the time that I am on..... if radio reference happens to stall the counter stops and I can reset for it to play again, does anyone else seem to have an issue with the scanner playing then stalling out and needing to reset? I have tried to listen in off of london forums for 2 days but with no luck being able to listen, I am now having to listen to Toronto's feed because london's wont work for me. :(

Thanks!

Thank you so much for the url # I too am using the iphone 5-0 Radio and couldn't find anything to work so far until l put your # in....so thanks again for your help seems its working great now. =) I was a little upset to start cuz l had the lite version of it on iphone and it worked great so l paid to put the pro version on there and bang....all my london feeds didn't work after that. LOL So I am very happy to have found you on here to point me in the right direction. :)
Random avatar
booboo4u

Postby londonbilly » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:17 am

Very welcome, glad it helped.
Random avatar
londonbilly

Online: 11d 14h 7m 9s

Postby London-Dad » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:35 pm

London-Dad wrote:
newertimes wrote:will the London fire dept feed be up on the Radio Reference site soon?
also why not try getting a London police feed up as well?

Both feeds on RR won't be up until at least the end of this month. You can hear the feeds on here.

London police are encrypted and no one can listen to them.

I have decided to put the feed back up on RR. Just note that the feed delay is around 30 seconds plus on RR where on this site its around 5 seconds. Also, the feed disconnect is a lot less on this site as well.
Owner of London Scanner
London-Dad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kellslips » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:21 pm

IS this a common error?
Internet Explorer has stopped trying to restore this website. It appears that the website continues to have a problem.

Internet exploer keeps shutting me down and asking if I want to send a report it this normal for this site?
Random avatar
kellslips

Online: 3h 6m 29s

Postby catzcan » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:47 pm

Random avatar
catzcan

Previous

Return to London Talk