LONDON`S ROUNDABOUT ROADWAY

Discuss anything you wish here

LONDON`S ROUNDABOUT ROADWAY

Postby bill67 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:43 am

Having recently used the new rounabout at Hale & Trafalgar sts. I thought that was about the slickest thing since sliced bread especially when you know what that was like before. People living and driving in that area must be really happy with it. There was so much discussion about how it was not needed there, I wonder what the feeling is now, and I admit that I didn`t think it was necessary either because of the closeness of Highbury Ave. overpass. Any other opinions on this?
Random avatar
bill67

Online: 4h 30m 54s

Re: LONDON`S ROUNDABOUT ROADWAY

Postby countryrawks » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:36 pm

I think you are right on the money!
I used to live in that area and while I didn't mind waiting 5 minutes for a train to cross, there were times it turned into 15 - 30 minutes! No lie!!!
And with the design of the old intersection it was like trying to read the minds of drivers as the clear majority of drivers forgot that their car came equipped with turn signals!
Sooooo much easier now!
Random avatar
countryrawks

Online: 0s

Postby oddduck » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:06 pm

I work in the area and avoided that intersection before it was converted to a roundabout. I don't avoid it anymore :) For myself, trains were never the issue... it was always other the other vehicles :shock:
Random avatar
oddduck

Online: 5m 55s

Postby Sandalls » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:27 pm

I am amazed at how well it helps the flow of traffic. I use it every weekend, and sometimes during the week. As oddduck noted, it was an intersection I used to avoid, mainly because you never knew when you were going to get stopped at the tracks. My only concern is that some drivers whip around the bend a little too quickly. Even still, as long as you're paying attention, it works quite well.
"Remember to keep a safe distance from all emergency activity. Keep yourself safe, and give the professionals the space they need to do their job well." :auto-ambulance:
Sandalls
Donations
Donations

Online: 545d 5m 55s

Return to London Talk